When you trust us with your personal information, we take our responsibility to protect it very seriously. We respect your privacy and your rights to control your personal information. With that in mind, we want to be clear about the information we collect and why.
The main purpose of collecting your information is to provide you with the services offered on our website (www.coachingatlas.ie), whether that’s using our site to find information, to contact a life coach, to advertise your business, or for some other reason. No matter how you use our site, we want to help you to use it as effortlessly as possible.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
Please read this privacy notice carefully and make sure you understand it. You are considered to have accepted our privacy notice when you first use our site. If you do not agree with and accept it you must stop using our site immediately.
Our site may contain links to other websites that are not covered by this privacy notice. Also, this privacy notice does not apply to any contact between you and a life coaching professional displayed on our site. You should check the other party’s privacy notice to make sure you understand how they collect and use your information.
Where we have described any example scenarios in this notice, these are for guidance only. They are not actual and do not cover all scenarios.
On this page
- 1. Who we are
- 2. Our site
- 3. The types of personal information we collect
- 4. Cookies
- 5. What we use your personal information for
- 6. Where we store your personal information
- 7. Providing your information to others
- 8. Keeping your personal information
- 9. Your rights
- 10. Links to other sites
- 11. Changes to this privacy notice
- 12. How to contact us about this privacy notice
- 13. Complaints
1. Who we are
We are Coaching Atlas, an online coaching directory platform based in the Republic of Ireland.
We are the data controller, which means that we are responsible for how personal information is gathered, stored and used.
We’re registered in the Republic of Ireland and our certificate of incorporation number is 656973, our registered office is Galloping Green, Stillorgan Road, Blackrock, Dublin 18
2. Our site
If you provide your personal information when you visit or use our site we keep it private and store it securely until we no longer need it.
We have tried to make sure the online form you can use to send us an email is safe and secure. However, it is not possible to guarantee that any email is secure, so if you email us, you do so at your own risk (meaning that you are responsible for the consequences of doing so).
We make sure that the personal information you provide is:
- used and stored in line with the appropriate privacy laws and regulations; and
- sufficiently protected by safety measures to make sure it cannot be seen or used by anyone who is not entitled to access it.
No information sent over the internet is completely secure. We will always do our best to protect your personal information as explained in this privacy notice, but we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide through our site.
3. The types of personal information we collect
We may collect the following personal information about you.
- Information you give us
We collect information you voluntarily provide through our site, over the phone, by email, through our live-chat services or in any other way. This includes information you provide when you contact a life coach through our site, apply to be listed in, or are listed in, the platform, or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number. If you are a life coach applying to be listed on our platform, you may also give us information about, for example, financial matters, qualifications, insurance and membership of professional bodies. You may also provide us with documents, a personal description of yourself and a photograph. If we take any payments from you, we will do this securely and in line with industry standards.
Contacting professionals listed on our site
When you contact a life coach listed on our site, you are in control of the type and amount of information you give us. Although we may only need your contact information, you may choose to give us further information to help your life coach, and that information may be classed as a ‘special category of personal data’ (sensitive information). This includes information about your mental or physical health, your racial or ethnic background, your sex life or sexuality, your political opinions, trade-union memberships, or your religious or philosophical beliefs. By using the forms on our site to contact a life coach, you agree to us processing your information and providing a copy of it to the life coaching professional you have chosen.
We will not be responsible for the type of information you voluntarily provide through our site. However, to make sure that we keep to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), we will only use sensitive information if you give us permission by ticking a box on the form you use to contact us.
- Information we collect automatically
Whenever you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information.
- Technical information. For example, we may collect information about the type of device you use to visit our site, the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, operating system and other technology on the devices you use to visit our site.
- Information about your visit, including what you click on, pages you view or search for, page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our membership services number.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of our other websites or the other services we provide. If you’re a life coach applying to be listed on our platform, we may get information from, for example, the website of any professional body you are a member of. We would do this to help us approve your application more quickly.
- Analytics services
Analytics services track and report on the use of our website, including who uses it. They give us insights into how our customers use our products, which helps us to improve the service we offer. We may get information from analytics services (for example, Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel) to evaluate your use of our site, produce reports on things such as pages visited, time spent on pages, and clicks on our Facebook posts or links, and collect and evaluate other information relating to our site and use of the internet. The information we collect is anonymous.
We will make sure that all your personal information that we have is stored and used lawfully, in an open, honest and fair way, without removing or reducing your rights. We will only process your personal information if any of the following applies.
- You have given us permission to process your personal information for one or more specific purposes (For example, our newsletter).
- We need to process the information to enter into a contract with you or meet our obligations under a contract we have with you.
- We need to process the information to meet a legal requirement.
- We need to process the information to protect the vital interests of you or another person.
- Processing the information is in our legitimate interests or those of a third party who provides a service to us (for example, a company that processes card payments we take), unless these interests are outweighed by your basic rights. It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal information so that we can give you relevant information when appropriate, so that we can look at ways of establishing and improving our relationship with you. Our legitimate interests include using your information to analyse and improve our services and the content on our websites and apps, send you information about our services, and tell you about similar products and services that you might be interested in.
If, while visiting our site or using our services, you provide personal information about another person, you should make sure they know about this privacy notice and you have their permission to provide the information.
It may sometimes be appropriate for us to combine your personal information with other information we have about you, such as combining your name with the history of your relationship with us or where you live, work or visit.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, you can still visit most areas of our site, but you may not be able to choose certain options and services.
In some cases, we may need to collect some personal information by law or under a contract, and you will be limited in the services you can use if you don’t provide personal information. For example, if you do not provide your personal information you will not be able to be listed in our directory. We will let you know how this will affect you at the time.
5. What we use your personal information for
We use your personal information to provide you with the products and services we offer. Below we have given some examples of how we may use your personal information.
Example 1: if you use our site to contact a life coach
If you use our site to contact a life coach, we only use the personal information you provide in the online contact form to email the professional. In this case we will not store your personal information for any longer than we need it to complete this process. We will not use it for any other purpose. We will send you a single email acknowledgement to confirm that your email has been sent and provide you the option to subscribe to our newsletter.
The server our site is stored on records the IP addresses of people who visit our web pages for a short time, so we can monitor the performance of our site, but this information is usually deleted as soon as we no longer need it. We may also store information about you, such as your IP address or website activity, to record certain actions (for example, when you contact a life coaching professional listed on our site, we use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to record that you’ve successfully completed this action). We use this information to monitor and manage our site (such as evaluating how effective our advertising is).
Example 2: if you apply to be listed in, or are listed on, our platform
- are applying to be listed on the platform;
- are already listed on the platform; or
- sign up to the directory for updates;
We will use your personal information to manage our service to you and to communicate with you (for example, telling you about your account, new services available, security and other types of updates). Also, if you contact us in any way, we may use your personal information to improve our service or to communicate with you.
Below is a summary of how we may use your personal information. Depending on the way you use our site, some of the following points may not apply.
- To display the content on our site in the most effective way for you and your device.
- To provide information, products and services that you ask for, or which we think you may be interested in.
- To meet our obligations under any contract we have with you.
- To allow you to use our interactive services.
- To allow you to sign up for our services or publications.
- To tell you about changes to our services.
- To tell you about other goods and services that might interest you.
- To manage our site and for internal purposes like troubleshooting, analysing data, testing systems, carrying out research, producing statistics and carrying out surveys.
- To help us keep our site safe and secure.
- To produce records we must keep by law (for example, we have to produce accounting records and keep them for at least six years).
- To settle disputes.
- To respond to feedback.
If you have used our services before, we will only email you about things similar to the service you previously used. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you if you agree to it. If you want to be contacted for marketing purposes, tick the relevant box that you will find on the screen when we collect your information.
We usually only need your permission to use your personal information if we are using it for marketing purposes. If you don’t want us to use your personal information for any particular purpose, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will delete your information. However, this will limit our ability to provide the best possible service to you, and some parts of our service may not be available to you as a result.
As we have already explained, with your permission (or where we are allowed by law) we may use your personal information for marketing purposes. This may lead to us phoning or emailing you to give you information, news and offers on our services. We will not do anything not covered by this privacy notice, and we will not send you any spam emails. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that we fully protect your rights and meet our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
6. Where we store your personal information
We may transfer your information, and store it, outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be involved in, among other things, processing your payment details and providing support services such as email communications.
By providing your personal information, you agree to that information being transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to make sure your information is kept secure and in line with this privacy notice. We will have controls in place, such as agreements containing appropriate clauses, to make sure that your information is protected to the same standard as if it were in the UK.
To protect your information we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect information collected through our site. Only those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need your information for business purposes will have access to it. They will only process your personal information when we instruct them to, and they must keep the information confidential.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to use to visit certain parts of our site, you must keep the password confidential. You should not share passwords with anyone.
We have procedures in place to deal with any situation where we suspect that the conditions in this privacy notice have not been met, and will tell you and any appropriate regulator if we need to do so by law.
7. Providing your information to others
We can give your personal information to others in the following circumstances.
- If we want to sell our company, any part of our business or any assets. In this case we can give your information to the potential buyer.
- If we want to buy any business or assets. In this case we can give your personal information to the seller of the business or assets.
- We can give your personal information to other businesses in our group of companies.
- We can provide your personal information if we have to do so by law, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
- We can share information with others to prevent fraud or credit risks.
- We can provide your personal information in connection with legal proceedings.
Third parties or information publicly available
We contract suppliers to provide some services on our behalf. We use a variety of suppliers for services such as processing card payments, search engine facilities, email facilities, technical support, advertising and marketing. These suppliers may sometimes need access to some or all of your personal information.
We only share personal information the supplier needs to provide their services. If we need to share your personal information we will take all reasonable steps to make sure it is handled safely and securely, and always in line with the GDPR and relevant laws.
For questions about our suppliers, please email us at email@example.com
Contacting professionals listed on our site
When you fill in an online form to contact a life coaching professional listed in the directory, we need to give your personal information to the life coach you have chosen so they can provide the service you’ve asked for. We do not use your personal information for any other purpose, and we will always do our best to protect your information as set out in this privacy notice.
8. Keeping your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need to in order to:
- allow you to use our site;
- provide services to you;
- keep to any relevant laws;
- settle disputes; and
- allow us to carry on our business.
We are committed to maintaining confidentiality when you contact a life coach for help. For this reason, when you contact a listed life coach using the contact form linked from their profile, we will delete the information you typed into the form as soon as the form has been received by the life coach.
This privacy notice and our internal guidelines will apply to all the personal information we keep. We will also keep anonymous information for statistical and analytical purposes (for example, to understand how people use our site and services). If you have a question about how long we keep certain types of personal information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Your rights
You can ask us not to use your information for marketing purposes. If you are listed in our directory, you can do this by updating the relevant settings in your ‘members’ area’, or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you are not listed on our platform, send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Under the GDPR, you have the right to control how your personal information is used and you can do the following.
- Ask us for a free copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Ask us to correct any personal information that we hold about you or to make any changes to your personal information (for example, if your name or contact details have changed).
- Ask us to transfer your personal information to another person.
- Ask to be kept informed of what data processing is taking place.
- In certain situations, ask us to restrict how your information is processed, or object to your personal information being processed.
- certain situations, ask us to delete personal information we hold about you.
Sometimes we will not be able to stop using your personal information when you ask us to (for example, if we need to use it by law or to keep to any regulation).
We will tell you if we cannot do what you ask, or how your request might affect you, when you contact us.
If you have given us permission to use your personal information, you can withdraw that permission at any time. If we process your personal information because it is in our legitimate interest or the public interest, you can object to this at any time.
You are responsible for making sure that your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. If any of your personal information changes or is incorrect, tell us as soon as reasonably possible by sending us an email at email@example.com . We will correct the information as soon as possible, but certainly within 30 days.
10. Links to other sites
This privacy notice (and any documents referred to in it) does not apply to other websites that you get to by clicking on a link on our site. We have no control over how your personal information is collected, stored or used by other websites. You should check the privacy policies of other websites before you provide personal information through them.
11. Changes to this privacy notice
If we change this privacy notice we will post the changes on this web page. We may also email details to you.
We are committed to working with you to settle any complaint or concern you may have about your personal information. If you have any concerns about how we are using (or have used) your personal information, first contact our Data Compliance Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.